What is Sober October?
Macmillan Cancer Support spearheaded the ‘Sober October’ UK campaign in 2014, with the aim of raising money to support people living with cancer. The campaign also serves as a good opportunity to check in on our relationship with alcohol.
You can take part in Sober October by visiting Macmillan Cancer Support and begin raising funds today.
Aside from raising money for charity, there are many lifestyle benefits to going sober including saving money, getting a better night’s sleep, and having more energy during the day.
Whether you’re doing Sober October or not, there are lots of drinks out there to choose from. Take a look at our full collection if you're looking to stock up on some soft drinks for the month!
For those of you looking to replace your evening tipple with something non-alcoholic, here's a few Autumnal Mocktails.
Rosemary and Pink Grapefruit Fizz
Rosemary is a hugely aromatic scent that evokes the smell of evergreen pine and wood forests. It's a hardy shrub that grows well in Autumn, making it a common herb to find in most kitchens.
Rosemary and citrus fruits, like grapefruit, both grow abundantly in the Mediterranean, making them a perfect flavour combination.
2-3 Rosemary sprigs
Bon Accord Pink Grapefruit Soda
Grapefruit slice to garnish (optional)
- Muddle 2 sprigs of Rosemary in a tall glass to get the aromatic oils out (we used the back of a wooden spoon for this)
- Add ice
- Top with 100ml Bon Accord Pink Grapefruit Soda
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary or a grapefruit slice
Blackberry season in the UK starts in August and ends around mid-October, so it's a great time to make yourself a non-alcoholic version of the classic cocktail, The Bramble. The perfect balance of deep rich blackberry flavour and the acidity from our Cloudy Lemonade are sure to ease the transition from Summer to Autumn.
100ml Bon Accord Cloudy Lemonade
Blackberries or lemon slice to garnish
- Blend frozen berries with a squeeze of lemon
- Add ice to a tall glass
- Pour in mixture
- Top with Bon Accord Cloudy Lemonade & Bon Accord Soda Water
- Garnish with blackberries, or a lemon slice
Ginger Apple Cinnamon Spritz
There's nothing quite like the smell of apples and cinnamon to evoke memories of childhood baking adventures. For this Autumn mocktail, we're combining warming flavour of ginger with the nostalgic taste of apple and cinnamon.
- Shake apple juice, a squeeze of lime, and a handful of fresh mint leaves
- Pour into a tall glass with ice
- Top with Bon Accord Ginger Beer & Bon Accord Soda Water
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top & a mint sprig as a garnish
Ginger Beer & Pink Grapefruit Soda
We get it, sometimes making a drink with lots of steps seems like a bit of a faff. Here's a 50/50 mocktail with just two components for those of you who want a simple but punchy drink.
50ml Bon Accord Pink Grapefruit Soda
Slice of Ginger or grapefruit
- Fill a short glass with ice
- Pour in 50ml Bon Accord Ginger Beer
- Pour in 50ml Bon Accord Pink Grapefruit Soda
- Garnish with slice of ginger or a grapefruit slice