Prosecco became one of the top selling wines in the world after capturing our hearts in the latter half of the early 2000s. Until the 1960s, prosecco was a lot sweeter in taste than our current party fizz. Thankfully, due to great innovations in winemaking techniques in the late 1900s, we now have bubbles fit for every occasion.
To celebrate National Prosecco day, we've compiled our favourite prosecco-based cocktails.
The Aperol Spritz
Enjoyed everywhere from Italian piazzas to your garden patio: The Aperol Spritz. It’s Italy’s favourite cocktail, and it might be ours too.
Prosecco | 60ml Aperol | 20ml Bon Accord Soda Water
- Add the prosecco, Aperol, and Bon Accord Soda Water to a wine glass
- Add ice
- Garnish with an orange wedge and serve
We love traditional peach Bellini, but not everyone wants to make fruit puree from scratch! Our recipe cuts down on prep time and brings a British summertime twist to the Italian classic. Fun fact: Bellini means ‘little beautiful one’
30 ml Bon Accord Rhubarb Soda | Prosecco
- Simply add 30ml Bon Accord Rhubarb Soda to your flute
- Top with prosecco!
Bon Accord French 75
This early 20th-century classic blends citrus and bubbles for a zesty tipple. Plus, there's only two steps. It’s easy-peasy lemon… you get the idea.
30ml Bon Accord Cloudy Lemonade | 95ml prosecco
- Add your Bon Accord Cloudy Lemonade to a flute
- Top with prosecco
Whilst the Aperol Spritz is the most popular, this drink is a modern addition to the spritz family of cocktails.
90ml prosecco | 60ml Limoncello | 20ml Bon Accord Soda Water
- Add the prosecco, Limoncello, and Bon Accord Soda Water to a wine glass
- Add ice
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and a sprig of thyme
For fans of the Negroni or Aperol spritz. This Milanese cocktail, meaning ‘mistaken’, originated from a bar owner mistaking sparkling wine for gin when he was making a Negroni in the 1970s.
30 ml vermouth | 30ml Campari | 50ml prosecco | 15ml Bon Accord Soda Water
- Add 30 ml vermouth and 30ml Campari in a glass of ice (we like a wine or rocks glass)
- Top with prosecco, and a splash of Bon Accord Soda Water
- Stir and garnish with a wedge of orange
Head to our website to shop our full collection of drinks, including mixer and soft drink variety packed, and sharing bottles for all occasions!
Sign up for our newsletter to get 10% off your first online order.
Reposted from Aug 13, 2022